J.V. Tapes has the distinction of being the largest manufacturer of knitted and woven elastic tapes and the first ISO 9002 organisation in the country.It was the first ISO 9002 certified unit for design, manufacture and supply of knitted and woven Elastic Tapes in India, certified by TUV RWTUV Systems GmbH. Later it has been awarded with ISO 9001:2000. This has been facilitated by a well-equipped infrastructure that is geared to meet the demands of a globally discerning clientele. Since 1988, the company has been singularly supplying 40% of elastic requirements in Tirupur. Today, it has grown to be a preferred supplier for various brands in Europe and America . An Oeko-TEX Standard 100 Product Class I certification ensures its products are free from the use of harmful substances.
We manufacture the following elastics that are of world-class standards:
- Knitted Elastics: Inner Elastics - (4 MM TO 200 MM ), Laces, Fancy Frills, Picot Elastic and Spandex Inner and Spandex Frill Elastics.
- Woven Elastics: Computerised Jacquard Name Elastics upto 384 Hooks, Stripes, Rigid Tape, MAT finish elastics, Satin and frill elastics.
Our elastic division comprises of world-class machineries such as:
For knitted or crochetted elastic:
- Imported machines from Comez, Italy - 8 bar machines with electronic control & 3 bar high speed machines with electronic control.
- Imported machines from Jakob Mueller, AG Frick, Switzerland - 8 bar machines with electronic control & 3 bar high speed machines with electronic control
For Woven or Needle Loom elastic:
- Imported machines from Jakob Muller, AG Frick, Switzerland - 384 hooks, 192 Hooks, 128 hooks, for Jacquard.
- Imported High speed and quality machines for Plain, Mat, Satin and rigid tapes
- Covering machines with electronic control
- Imported Yarn Warping and Rubber warping machines
- Tape finishing machines using gas
For Tape Dyeing
- SB BreitenBagh make from Switzerland
The production capacity per month is:
- Crochet plain and frill elastics - 1.5 CRORE MTRS
- Crochet fancy frill elastics - 50 LAC MTRS
- Crochet spandex laces - 10 LAC MTRS
- Woven plain elastic - 10 LAC MTRS
- Woven jacquard elastic - 25 LAC MTRS
- Tape dyeing and finishing - 20 LAC MTRS
- Satin and MAT Elastics – 20 LAC MTRS
- Total production per month – 2.85 CRORE MTRS
In the year 2004, we have started our 2nd manufacturing unit in Special Economic Zone at Tambaram, Chennai through which we are supplying Elastic Tapes on duty free basis.